Concordia & GGLA Trek
- 12 Camping nights – Dome tents provided
- 1 Hotel night
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and coffee provided on all days
- Airport pickup and drop offs
This is a list of of recommended item that should be brought along:
- Trekking boots
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Warm Socks
- Trekking stick
- Hat and gloves
- Water bottle
- Personal medicine
- UV Protection (Sun glasses and sun cream)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, and shampoo
- Torch, camera, and powerpack
- Sleeping bag
Explore the beauty of the mountains of Pakistan.
As we trek up the peaks of these mountains, we enter a remarkable wilderness of ice, rock and sky. By the time we reach Paiju Camp at the foot of the Baltoro Glacier, we begin to feel the pulse of creation: the ice melts the rocks roll, and the glacier creaks, rearranging its icy rivers.
When we reach Concordia, we are rewarded with the most incredible mountain views in the world, surrounded by K2 (8611 m), Broad Peak (8051 m), and Gasherbrum IV (7925 m), and Mitre Peak (6010 m).
Our return trek is by way of the Gondogoro La (5600 m), a challenging hike skirting the Gondogoro Glacier, and down to the green irrigated fields of the Hushe Valley. This is an exciting, challenging trek, geared for hikers looking for an adventure.
- 1 night in a hotel – Twin sharing.
- Dome tents and toilet tents – Comfortable and resistant even in the harshest parts of the world
- Mess Tent with full kitchen, table, chairs and kitchen utensils.
- Full board during camping and in Skardu.
- We provide the excellent quality food during your adventure.
- One of the only expedition outfitters in Pakistan which provides fresh meat and vegetables at the base camps.
- Professional and qualified guides throughout the tour.
- Experienced, humorous and enjoyable company.
- Porters – To carry equipment and 12kg of personal luggage.
- Jeeps – Skardu to Askoli to Skardu.
What's Not included
- Personal Equipment (Sleeping bags, hiking boots, clothes etc.…)
- Personal insurances of clients.
- Any personal expenses.
- Evacuation and rescue charges if any.
- Domestic Air tickets are not included.
- Porter for extra luggage.
- Horse for trekking.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Any expense due to forced measures, natural calamities, and acts of God, beyond the control of our staff and suppliers..
6 working days or less – 100% cancellation fee.
7 to 10 working days – 50% cancellation fee.
12+ working days – No cancellation charges provided no advanced bookings
Full payment due on confirmation of booking, minimum 4 weeks before start of the package.
Skardu to Askoli
Breakfast then drive to Askoli, the last settlement of Skardu Valley.
Take a break for Lunch and then drive along The Braldu River.
Arrival at 1st campsite in Askoli.
Askoli to Jula
Breakfast and then the trek will begin.
Lunch break taken along the route.
Arrival at 2nd campsite in Jula.
Jula to Paiju
The trek will start in an easy fashion with an occasional small climb over rocks.
Three hours walk will lead to the point where waters from the Paiju peak divide into four rushing streams that can be crossed by jumping over stones.
In the east, dominating the horizon are the towering summits of Gasherbrum 4, Cathedral Towers and Broad Peak.
A hike along the river will lead to Paiju (3560m), which is a refreshing campsite situated in a grove of willows and poplars through which flows a stream of fresh water.
This is a 4 – 5 hour trek and regular breaks will be taken.
Full day rest at Paiju Camp
Paiju to Urdukas
The day’s trek will begin with a walk for about an hour across gradually ascending barren territory to arrive at the snout of the Baltoro Glacier, a vast, turbulent sea of rocks and ice more than two miles wide and nearly forty miles long.
The first stretch of the walk on the undulating glacier can be a little challenging due to dodging small crevasses. The view is magnificent with the Cathedral and Trango Towers.
A walk across boulder-strewn ice, we gradually gain height over three hours to the south side of the glacier. We arrive at our campsite, Urdukas.
This is a 6 – 7 hour trek and regular breaks will be taken.
Urdukas to Biango/Goro 2
The day beings by walking on the surface of glacier for the first two hours.
After arriving at the green pastures of Urdukas, the trek continues along the middle part of the glacier.
The views feature small streams of water rushing over clear blue ice, and huge mushroom-like ice towers erupting from the glacier.
Approaching Gasherbrum 2 (8035m – 14th highest peak in the world), Biango (4030m), is our campsite, dominated by a stunning view of Masherbrum (7900m).
This is a 7 – 8 hour trek and regular breaks will be taken.
Biango/Goro 2 to Concordia
The trek starts by walking along the middle of the glacier to the incredible sanctuary of Concordia.
As approaching Concordia, Gasherbrum 4 stands guard to the east. On our left we have magnificent views of Muztagh Tower (7200m) on the border between Pakistan and China.
Excitement mounts and paces quicken as we arrive at Concordia, lured by the classic views of K2 (8612m).
Within a radius of 15km are 41 peaks above 6500 meters, almost half of them still unconquered and unnamed.
Also visible from Concordia, clockwise from K2 are: Broad Peak (8068m), Gasherbrum 4 (7900m), Baltoro Kangri (7245m), Kondus (7000m), Mitre (6000m), Paiju (6610m), Crystal (6300m), Marble (6200m) and Angel Peak (6800m).
This is a 4 – 5 hour trek and regular breaks will be taken.
Rest day at Concordia
Full day Rest at Concordia to enjoy the breathtaking view of the world’s highest peaks.
Concordia to Ali Camp
The first two hours of the trek are difficult due to traversing the Baltoro Glacier and its crevasses.
Once on the Vigne Glacier the trek is easy, The Mighty Chogolisa (7600m) stands guard in the south.
Camp overnight at Ali Camp (5030m). This will be an early, as the trek continues at midnight for the departure over the Gondogoro La.
This is a 5 – 6 hour trek and regular breaks will be taken.
Ali Camp to Khuyspan
The trek starts at 1 am to climb the Gondogoro La (5566m). For the first two hours the trek will be on the lateral moraine to avoid crevasses.
Approaching the base of the pass. The final ascent involves a steep walk on the snow and the use of fixed ropes as well as crampons and ice axes.
The views from the top of the pass are unparalleled, with K2, Broad Peak, Gasherbrum 1 to 4, Masherbrum, and many other mountains.
The descent on the Hushe side is steeper, requiring good balancing on the rocks. Camp at Khuyspan (4629m), a campsite with greenery and wildflowers.
This is a 9 – 10 hour trek and regular breaks will be taken.
Khuyspan – Dalsangpa
The trek to leave Khuyspan, is along the Gondogoro Glacier, first encountering small crevasses, then hiking over the soft ice of the glacier.
The last half hour is a pleasant walk through wildflowers, with views of the Gondogoro Glacier, Yermandu Kangri (7555m), Masherbrum South (7688m), and the Masherbrum La.
Camp at Dalsangpa (4198m) by a small Lake.
This is a 3 – 4 hour hike and regular breaks will be taken.
Dalsangpa to Saicho
The trek continues as by descending to the meadows and pastureland at Saicho (3727m).
There are still tremendous views, including Namika Peak (6230m), and Defokhar (6445m).
This is a 4 – 5 hour hike and regular breaks will be taken.
Back to Civilization – Skardu
Enjoy the final breakfast at camp and say ‘Khuda Hafiz’ to your camping staff who had been pitching tents preparing meals.
A drive on 4×4 jeeps for a bumpy ride through Karakoram. This part of Baltistan appears greener and more prosperous than the drive to Thongol.
Arrive at Skardu and transfer to a hotel – Enjoy a hot shower!
End of tour
Terms and Conditions
- Using drugs or intoxication of any kind is strictly prohibited. If anyone is caught using any kind of substance during the trip will be removed and will not be eligible for a refund.
- We reserve the right to cancel trip without prior notice due issues out of our control (weather, natural disasters and acts of God). All customers will receive a full refund.
- Due to the nature of the trip weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond the control of organisers can result in a change of itinerary.
- It is very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially changed; if alterations are necessary the trip leader will decide the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the group.
- Smoking in the transport is strictly prohibited.
- Participants must hold a valid passport.
- Time management and punctuality is strictly recommended.
- Participants are advised to use non-sippery shoes/boots/trainers/. Participants must NOT wear heels or dress shoes.
- On steep ascends in mountainous areas, the A/C of the buses will be alternated on and off, to keep the vehicle from overheating.
- Exploristan will not be responsible for any injury/damage/loss.
- Full terms and conditions apply.